To make things short even though this product is just the thing I would love buying for my self - and I will.
You develop many of your own films? You love spending time in the darkroom with Paper, chemistry and cartridges? ...then the TAS Film processor should be part of your equipment.
I have used it before and it is indeed extremely functional and almost as necessary as a washing machine at home.
Especially for those of us who develop their B/W's at home and also those of you regular customers at foto-labs to get the Films done.
At a cost of 9,90 € for developing a film in the lab it might come to as a surprise that this machine amortizes itself after only 90 Films. This means you need to shoot 7 Films a month (2 rolls a week). And many of us do.
Let us know if you are playing with the idea of getting a TAS Film Processor and we love to speak to you about the technical details personally.
TAS Film Processor:
The device simultaneously turns and tilts the film developing tank and adheres to the necessary phases of standstill.
This creates a movement similar to manual development. Agitation is however controlled much more precisely. Together with the integrated calculator for temperature compensation your negatives will bedeveloped reproducibly and conveniently in the future.
You can directly transfer already determined parameters for film development; programming only consists of entering the data. Several individual development modes are supported by small external memory modules.
If you temporarily do not need the TAS, you can also easily fit it into a shelf. The device is easily transportable and can even be powered by a car battery.
TAS version for JOBO:
Enables use of Jobo 15xx and 25xx tanks in varying film capacities.
These tank systems enable the development of 35mm film, roll film, and sheet film.
Tanks of the type 25xx should be equipped with a magnet for perfect centering.
An overview of the benefits:
- Better acutance of the negatives due to a process of agitation with phases of standstill
- Noticeably cheaper than classic rotational film
- Developing tanks already at hand can be used
- Reproducible development results
- Development of 35mm film, roll film, and 4x5” sheet film
- Small footprint
- Supports multiple users due to removable storage
- Ideal for the zone system and two-bath development
- Compensates total development time depending on programmed temperature
- Transportable – can also be used in campers with 12V supply
- Solid, long-living metal construction